This page will show you everything required to install an Austral Folding Frame Clothesline.
Key Points to Note
- Read the manual and check you have all the parts required
- Install 50 to 100mm above the persons head who uses it most, take into account the slight upward slope of the Clothesline
- Assemble spreader bar and insert into arms.
- Gently tap the arms to ensure the spreader bar is completely inside the arms
- Leave approximately 20cm of cord hanging when you start threading it as you will use it later
- Tension all the lines by pulling them toward you and pulling and take up the slack by using the 20cm cord left hanging.
- Do not tension the lines like they are a piano or guitar as you may damage the clothesline
- Ensure you thread the line correctly through the clip
- Ongoing maintenance will require you to retention the cord if or when it sags.
The video below shows how to install the Austral Folding Frame Clothesline and tension the cord.