Important Installation Information
At The Clothesline Store, we can provide a professional installation and removal service for most of our products which can be ordered with your clothesline purchase.
Our highly qualified installers are located in all capital cities around the East Coast of Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.
We service other major centres such as Wollongong, Geelong, Newcastle and the Gold Coast.
Please check our detailed installation areas below for a list of other install locations, or contact one of our friendly team members for further assistance.
We have listed below some good and bad surfaces for different product-type installations. If you have an unsuitable surface, please feel free to contact us and we can help work out a solution as there is often a work around for bad install surfaces. While it is possible to install on our listed bad surfaces, it is not recommended and our installers will not do so.
Wall-Mounted and Retractable Clotheslines:
- Besser Block
- Blue Board
- Existing Posts
- A ground mount kit is a good alternative if you have an unsuitable wall surface
Ground Mounted Clotheslines:
- Existing Level Concrete Slab - Base Plate Kit required
- Sandy Soil
- Garden Beds
- Artificial Turf
- Timber Decking
- Concrete slab or pathways - core drilling required. Check with us if available in your area
- Sandy Soil
- Garden Beds
- Artificial Turf
Important Notes Before Selecting Installation
Your clothesline will be delivered to you first via courier service. Once your clothesline arrives, you then confirm the installation date with the installer. Installers do not bring clotheslines with them.
For ground-mounted, post-mounted, or rotary clotheslines, the install fee includes our team digging holes and pouring concrete footings.
For wall-mounted clotheslines, the install fee includes our team supplying the correct fittings if they are not included with the product.
If you have a concrete path, driveway or similar, some brands offer base plates for ground-mounted clothesline installation. These can be bolted to the top of smooth, level concrete surfaces only. If you have an existing concrete slab, core hole drilling will be required which attracts additional charges. Please contact us to see if this is available in your area and to order this if required.
Ground Mounted clotheslines are designed to be installed on level ground, if you have a sloping area please contact us to discuss your options and if the clothesline can be installed in your area
We cannot add an installation service after a clothesline has been purchased.
We do not offer installation services on ceiling-mounted lines, or indoor or portable clotheslines.
The Installation location section below shows the areas we can offer an installation service. If your area is not covered by us for installation, a local handyman such as Hire-A-Hubby can provide an installation service and they have nationwide coverage. We have provided a video link that shows a Clothesline Store professional installing a number of lines on our how to information section
If you require these other types of services contact our team on 1300 509 564 for a quotation prior to ordering.
Schedule of Rates:
- Installation including fasteners or cement: $165.00
- Installation, Removal and disposal of an existing clothesline: $225.00*
- Core Hole Drilling: $100.00 per hole, this is not available in all areas
* Removal: Removal includes removing existing wall mount or cutting off any existing steel ground mount clothesline as low as possible. Your installer will make surface as smooth and safe as possible. Removal does not include digging any existing concrete from out of the ground. Removal also includes your installer dismantling and removing existing clothesline from site.
Your installer will not remove any packaging received with new clothesline from site. Removal is for a steel posts only, old timber posts/beams are not removable by our installers.
Timeframe: Installations for a stocked item will typically take place within 1-3 weeks from date of purchase. Made to Order products typically take place in 2-4 weeks. These time frames can be effected by seasonal demand, product availability, weather and delivery circumstances beyond our control.
If there is no installation option on a product, unfortunately we don't offer an installation service for them.
If you are not sure if your location or type of installation is covered either send us an email us at email@example.com or call one of our team on 1300 509 564 for assistance.
NSW: Sydney to Penrith, Avalon to Kiama, The Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong to Nowra, Yamba up to the QLD Border.
Victoria: Melbourne to Mornington to Craigieburn to Geelong.
Queensland: Brisbane to Ipswich, Browns plains to Strathpine and Gold coast region. Sunshine Coast, Noosa Heads, Gympie
South Australia: Adelaide - Metro
If you aren't sure if your area is covered, feel free to get in touch with us and we can check for you.
How The Installation Process Works:
1. Select "Yes, Install My Clothesline" or "Yes Install and Remove Old Clothesline" before you add the clothesline to your cart.
2. Complete your order online or over the phone, payment for your clothesline and installation service is done when you place your order.
3. Our installation team are notified overnight about your upcoming installation and will start scheduling you in for a rough day and time for your installation.
4. You will receive an email within 1 business day clarifying the installation service, as well as who your allocated installer is.
5. When your clothesline is delivered, contact your allocated installer and quote your order number. They will be expecting your call and will happily work with you to book in a suitable day and time for the installation. Please note installers do not bring the clothesline with them.
6. Our team will attend site on the agreed day and time to install your clothesline and show you how to use it :)
Please note: If you are not at your premises at the arranged time, or the installer is not able to install your clothesline due to an incorrect product selection or unsuitable area, a callout fee of up to $100 may apply.
Warranty: Installations are warranted for 12 months from date of completion.